I just discovered that a fellow blogger, adot, http://darngoodandsureofit.blogspot.com/ , received an award called the Leibster Award. Congratulations! I recommend reading adot's blog because it contains a wealth of information that is presented in a reader friendly way. Well, also, because it's a darn interesting blog!
Since I had no clue as to what the Liebster Award is, I looked it up.
The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. So, what is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Isn't that sweet? Blogging is about building a community and it's a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs.
She nominated my blog and I am suppose to answer her questions posed to her nominees. So here it goes....
11 Questions They Have to Answer:
- Cat or Dog or Alpaca? Umm...how about goldfish? It probably sounds animal unfriendly, but there's only so much poop one nurse can clean up. I'm selfish that way.
- Do you have any allergies? NKDA although I am terribly allergic to ragweed. I keep Allegra in business in the fall months. Perhaps I should buy stock options.
- Say you won $10 000 000 dollars, what would you do with it? (it was going to be 1 000 000, but $1 000 000 doesn’t go very far anymore) Buy some stock in Allegra, take care of my family, give to a few charities and yes, quit my job. I would find something else to do perhaps a position where I can eat lunch and pee every once in a while. For splurging....I would travel with my hubby and kids. This is probably boring, but it's what comes to mind right now.
- Where is the furthest place you have traveled to? Once summer I actually got to travel around the world: California to Japan to Singapore to Malaysia to Bahrain to Malaysia to Netherlands back to the US. It was wonderful!
- What is your favorite song? It has always been Pachelbel's Canon. It broke my heart when I heard it used for a car commercial one time. Right now I really like Sail by AWOLNation.
- What do you spend the greatest percentage of your waking time doing: sitting, standing, or standing? Standing, definitely standing.
- Would you live a year without technology? Sure, why not? Wait, let me think about that....
- Do you have any piercings or tattoos or rebel-marks? I haven't heard of rebel-marks??? I did celebrate a milestone with a tattoo. So....I got that going for me.
- What direction does your bedroom window face? (that wasn’t supposed to be so creepy) North. That is a unique question!
- Are you aware of your own health? I guess so....
- Do you have a favorite phrase or word? For the longest time I exclaimed "Shoot a Monkey" instead of a cuss word because of my little kids. I once cussed like a sailor. They changed that for me. I guess it's now "PISS!" when something goes wrong. I didn't realize this until I heard my 9 y/o say this when she was working on a project and something went wrong. At least it wasn't shit!
Thank you, adot, for the nomination and questions!