Saturday, August 10, 2013

It's not about the sex, darling....

When my patient arrived via EMS, she was wearing a sort of jeweled turban, large dark sunglasses and a lovely satin pajama set. I thought she looked like one of those 1940's actresses. She was in her 90's and did not even look close to mid 60's in age.

"Daaarling, I really don't want to wear one of those ugly shirts you gave me. They're hideous. I needed to get my hair done this morning, so I just had to throw on my headdress."

"ummm, okay."

She was quite demanding and talkative.
"Do you know how long I'm going to be here? I need to be out by the weekend to go dancing and I do not want to disappoint my boys. I need some soda crackers, be a dear and get some for me."

"Your boys?"

"Yes. I just broke up with my male 'friend', he was in his 50's and couldn't keep up with me, poor soul. I had to let him go. The boys at the club are naturally happy about it."

"Naturally. Your boyfriend was in his 50's?"

"Yes, men my age are decrepit. They're too old. It's going to be awful when I reach 100."

"Oh."

"I want a young man. It's not about the sex honey, it's companionship. I want a man who will go out dancing, travel, be alive! Although the sex would be nice too."

"Well, of course."



3 comments:

  1. All I can say is, "Sing it sista!" I like her style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That is amazing. I wonder if her "boys" share a similar opinion about "companionship"... My husband is 40 and I cannot even imagine him wanting to only dance, travel and be alive. I have to say, I am in awe of your patient (maybe even a little jealous)! She sounds quite fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She was spunky, to say the least. I hope we're all like her when we are in our 90's.

    ReplyDelete